– Marcia Rose –
Marcia Rose is the founding and guiding teacher of The Mountain Hermitage and founding teacher of Taos Mountain Sangha. She has been studying and practicing Buddhist teachings and meditation with Asian and Western teachers since 1970, primarily in the Theravada-Vipassana (Path of the Elders) tradition. Her own teaching reflects a clear influence from the Burmese Mahasi Vipassana and Pa-Auk Forest Monastery lineages with authorization from Venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw to teach Samatha and Jhanas in his lineage. She has also studied and practiced in the Dzogchen Tibetan Buddhist tradition with Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche, and Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Marcia was resident teacher for staff at the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Barre, MA from 1991-1995. Following this she was a teacher for the annual three-month retreat at IMS and has been an occasional visiting teacher for other IMS retreats since 1994. Marcia has been a regular visiting teacher at The Forest Refuge in Barre, MA since its beginning. She has taught Vipassana, Concentration, Brahma Vihara, and Creative Process retreats in various U.S. and international venues since 1995 and is dedicated to offering these ancient and timeless teachings in ways that make them accessible and authentic for contemporary culture.
TEACHING SCHEDULE 2020
- January 29, 2020 EVENING SIT AND DHAMMA TALK with Marcia Rose @ Taos Mountain Sangha, Taos, NM Topic: The First Free Women – Poems of the Early Buddhist Nuns.
- THREE SATURDAY MORNING CLASSES with Marcia Rose @ Taos Mountain Sangha, Taos, NM Topic: The Liberating Embrace of Anicca/Impermanence February 29, 2020 & March 7, 2020 & March 14, 2020 9:30 am – 11:45 am
- RECORDINGS of SUNDAY INTERNATIONAL SANGHA ONLINE GATHERINGS with Marcia Rose APRIL through AUGUST 2020 9:30am – 11am
- May 19 – 24, 2020 RESIDENCY TEACHING with Marcia Rose @ Santa Fe Vipassana Sangha in Santa Fe, New Mexico Included will be a day-long retreat on Saturday, May 23, 2020
- June 24, 2020 ONLINE EVENING SIT AND DHAMMA TALK with Marcia Rose Topic: Buddhist Practice As a Way of Life @ Taos Mountain Sangha, Taos, NM
- Recording of June 24, 2020 TMS talk.
- July 22, 2020 ONLINE EVENING SIT & DHAMMA TALK Topic: Cultivating & Supporting a Resilient Heart-Mind @ Taos Mountain Sangha
- Recording of July 22, 2020 TMS talk.
- August 26, 2020 ONLINE EVENING SIT & DHAMMA TALK Topic: Compassion: The heart-beat of the Buddha’s teaching @ Taos Mountain Sangha
- Recording of September 23, 2020 ONLINE EVENING SIT AND DHAMMA TALK with Marcia Rose Topic: Faith & Doubt @ Taos Mountain Sangha
- September 27, 2020 SUNDAY INTERNATIONAL SANGHA ONLINE MINI RETREAT 9:30am – 12:30pm (MDT)
- Recording of September 27, 2020 Mini-Retreat Anapanasati/Mindfulness of Breathing Meditation
- October 25, 2020 SUNDAY INTERNATIONAL SANGHA ONLINE MINI RETREAT 9:30am – 12:30pm (MDT)
- Recording of October 25, 2020 Mini-Retreat
- Recording of October 28, 2020 Online Evening Sit and Dhamma Talk with Marcia Rose @ TMS.
- November 8 – 12, 2020 FIVE-DAY ONLINE/AT HOME SAMATHA/CONCENTRATION RETREAT for Experienced Students with Marcia Rose and teaching assistant Kristina Bare
- November 22, 2020 SUNDAY INTERNATIONAL SANGHA ONLINE MINI RETREAT 9:30am – 12:30pm (MST)
- Recording of November 22, 2020 Mini-Retreat with Marcia Rose
- December 1st & 5th, 2020 Marcia Rose @ Santa Fe Vipassana Sangha in Santa Fe, New Mexico Included will be an evening talk on Tuesday, December 1st & a day-long retreat on Saturday, December 5th
- December 27, 2020 SUNDAY INTERNATIONAL SANGHA ONLINE MINI RETREAT 9:30am – 12:30pm (MST)
- Recording of December 27, 2020 Mini Retreat with Marcia Rose Self Not-Self & the Creative Process
TEACHING SCHEDULE 2021
- JANUARY 31, 2021 Sunday International Sangha ONLINE MINI RETREAT 9:30am – 12:30pm (MST) with Marcia Rose
- Recording of January 31, 2021 Mini-Retreat “Stepping Into Retreat” with Marcia Rose
- FEBRUARY 11 – 18, 2021 Metta-Upekkha Online Dana Retreat with Marcia Rose & assistant teacher Kristina Baré
- SATURDAY, APRIL 10, 2021 International Sangha Online Mini-Retreat “The Great Blessings of Our Precious Human Existence” with Marcia Rose
- TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2021 An Evening with Marcia Rose @ Santa Fe Vipassana Sangha ONLINE 6:15pm – 8:15pm MDT
TEACHING SCHEDULE 2022
- FEBRUARY 16 – MARCH 2, 2022 SAMATHA-VIPASSANA RETREAT for Experienced Students with Marcia Rose & assistant teacher Kristina Baré @ Blue Sky Retreat Center @ San Geronimo, Taos, NM