- Marcia Rose -
Marcia Rose is the founding and guiding teacher of The Mountain Hermitage and founding teacher of Taos Mountain Sangha. She has been studying and practicing Buddhist teachings and meditation with Asian and Western teachers since 1970, primarily in the Theravada-Vipassana (Path of the Elders) tradition. Her own teaching reflects a clear influence from the Burmese Mahasi Vipassana and Pa-Auk Forest Monastery lineages with authorization from Venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw to teach Samatha and Jhanas in his lineage. She has also studied and practiced in the Dzogchen Tibetan Buddhist tradition with Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche, and Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Marcia was resident teacher for staff at the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Barre, MA from 1991-1995. She has been one of the teachers for the annual three-month retreat at IMS, and currently is an occasional visiting teacher at IMS and a regular visiting at The Forest Refuge in Barre, MA. Marcia teaches Vipassana, Concentration, Brahma Vihara, and Creative Process retreats in various U.S. and international venues, and is dedicated to offering these ancient and timeless teachings in ways that make them accessible and authentic for contemporary culture.
For information & downloadable application, click on retreat
TEACHING SCHEDULE 2015
- January 7, 2015 “Self-Not Self and the Creative Process” Part 2 of a Mini-Series of Dhamma Talks with Marcia Rose at the Heart of the Sacred Meditation Center in Taos, NM.
- March 25, 2015 Part 1 of a Mini-Series of Dhamma Talks with Marcia Rose at the Heart of the Sacred Meditation Center in Taos, NM.
- April 1, 2015 Part 2 of a Mini-Series of Dhamma Talks with Marcia Rose at the Heart of the Sacred Meditation Center in Taos, NM.
- April 12 – May 10, 2015 ONE-MONTH SPRING HERMITAGE RETREAT with Marcia Rose at Columbine Inn in Taos Ski Valley, NM
TEACHING SCHEDULE 2016 (partial)…
- June 5 – July 10, 2016 FIVE-WEEK VIPASSANA RETREAT with Sayadaw Vivekananda & Marcia Rose at Columbine Inn in Taos Ski Valley, NM
AND PLEASE NOTE:
Every month we add a new Dharma article to the Reflections on Practice page.
Check back for new insights.